Planning a Boston bachelor party? There are loads of things to do in this historic city to keep you and your crew entertained.
Get to know the city’s fascinating past, enjoy delicious food and drinks, and check out one of the country’s most famous baseball stadiums. A bachelor party in Boston is perfect for a groom-to-be looking to celebrate in one of the country’s most historic yet trendy cities.
Awesome activities for your bachelor party in Boston
1. Catch a game: Spend an evening at Fenway Park, one of the country’s most famous baseball stadiums or watch the Celtics or Bruins play at TD Garden.
2. Take a Brewery Tour: Boston is home to many breweries, and taking a tour is an excellent way to sample local beers and learn about the brewing process.
3. Go Whale Watching: Boston is located near Stellwagen Bank, a marine sanctuary home to various whales and other sea life.
4. Embrace the outdoors: Hiking, kayaking, fishing, or a day at the beach. There are plenty of ways to enjoy the outdoors on a Boston bachelor party.
5. Enjoy Boston’s best food: Lobster rolls, clam chowder, fried clams… there’s nothing quite like the seafood scene in Boston.
6. Experience the nightlife: this is a bachelor party after all. Hit up the best bars and nightclubs all across the city.
7. Rent a limo: Plenty of limo rental companies in Boston will ensure you’re doing your bachelor party in style.
Boston bachelor party activities
1. Catch a game
Go watch the Sox at Fenway Park or head to TD Garden, home of the Celtics and Bruins. Fenway Park is a must-see for any sports fan. You can even take a tour of the ballpark to learn about the history of the Red Sox and see one of the most iconic sports venues in the world.
2. Take a Brewery Tour
Whether your bachelor party crew are beer enthusiasts or you’re just looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon, a brewery tour can be a great way to explore the city and its rich brewing history.
Boston is a great city for beer lovers, with a rich history of brewing that dates back to colonial times. Today, the city is home to many craft breweries and brewpubs, each with its own unique offerings and brewing styles.
If you’re interested in brewery tours, there are several great options in Boston. Here are some great brewery tour options for a Boston bachelor party:
- Samuel Adams Brewery: The Samuel Adams Brewery, located in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston, is one of the city’s most famous and well-known breweries. The brewery offers daily tours that give visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process, as well as a chance to sample some of their most popular beers.
- Harpoon Brewery: Harpoon Brewery is another popular option for brewery tours in Boston. The brewery is located in the Seaport District and offers daily tours that include tastings of their flagship beers, as well as limited edition and seasonal offerings.
- Trillium Brewing Company: Trillium Brewing Company is a newer addition to the Boston beer scene, but it’s making a splash with its innovative and flavorful beers. The brewery offers tours of its Canton location, which include a tasting of its latest releases.
- Night Shift Brewing: Night Shift Brewing is located just outside of Boston in Everett, MA, and offers weekend tours of the brewery. In addition to the tour, visitors can enjoy a tasting of their unique and experimental beers and tasty food from the on-site food truck.
- Downeast Cider House: If you’re a hard cider fan, check out Downeast Cider House in East Boston. The cidery offers tours of its facility along with tastings of its various cider flavors.
3. Go Whale Watching
Your nature-loving groom-to-be will enjoy heading out on the water to see Boston’s diverse marine life. Boston is a popular destination for whale watching, as it’s located near Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary, which is one of the best spots in the world to see whales.
During a whale-watching tour, you’ll have the chance to spot several species of whales, including humpback, finback, and minke. The tours typically last about 3-4 hours which is plenty of time to enjoy whales breaching, tail-slapping, and swimming alongside your boat.
Some of the popular whale-watching tour operators in Boston include Boston Harbor Cruises, New England Aquarium Whale Watch, and Captain John Boats.
4. Embrace the outdoors
There is an abundance of nature activities that would be good for a bachelor party in Boston. Here are a few ideas:
- Hiking: Boston is surrounded by beautiful parks and natural areas, such as the Blue Hills Reservation and the Middlesex Fells Reservation. These areas offer multiple hiking trails for all skill levels and allow hikers to enjoy scenic views of the city and the surrounding landscape.
- Kayaking: Explore the Boston Harbor and nearby waterways by kayak for a unique Boston bachelor party activity. You can either rent kayaks and take a guided tour or explore on your own.
- Fishing: Boston is home to many species of fish, including striped bass, bluefish, and flounder. You can take a fishing charter to spend the day fishing in the harbor or nearby waters.
- Beach day: Boston has many beaches perfect for a day of bachelor party relaxation. Revere Beach, Carson Beach, and Nantasket Beach are all great options for lounging away a hangover after a night out in Boston.
5. Enjoy Boston’s best food
Boston is famous for its seafood, and there are plenty of great restaurants in the city where you can enjoy a delicious meal. Some of the best seafood restaurants in Boston include Neptune Oyster, Island Creek Oyster Bar, and Legal Sea Foods.
Some of Boston’s best seafood to enjoy on your bachelor party:
- New England Clam Chowder: A creamy soup made with clams, potatoes, and onions, seasoned with herbs and spices.
- Lobster Roll: A sandwich made with fresh lobster meat, served on a buttered and toasted roll.
- Fried Clams: Whole bellies of clams, battered and fried until crispy and golden brown.
- Baked Scrod: A dish made with whitefish, typically haddock, baked with a breadcrumb topping.
- Oysters: Boston has several oyster bars, where you can try freshly shucked oysters from local waters.
- Fish and Chips: A classic dish made with battered and fried fish, served with crispy french fries.
6. Experience the Nightlife
At the end of the day, a Boston bachelor party is a celebration. Whether you came to party or you’re only looking to spend one celebratory evening, you’ll find plenty of options for nightlife.
Boston has a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of bars, clubs, and live music venues to choose from. Check out the club and bar scene in the Back Bay or the Theater District, where you’ll find a variety of live music, dancing, and drinks. Some of the most popular nightlife spots in the city include The Lansdowne Pub, The Beehive, and Royale.
If your bachelor party is looking to visit some of Boston’s best bars, check out the following:
- The Baldwin Bar: Located in Woburn, MA, The Baldwin Bar is known for its creative cocktails, extensive whiskey collection, and speakeasy atmosphere.
- The Forgotten Barrel: A speakeasy-style bar in Dorchester that serves up classic cocktails with a modern twist.
- Bully Boy Distillers: A local distillery in the Roxbury neighborhood that offers tastings and tours of its craft spirits.
- Deep Ellum: A neighborhood bar in Allston that serves up craft beers and delicious bar bites, with a laid-back atmosphere.
- Drink: A bar located in the Fort Point neighborhood that specializes in cocktails and features a menu inspired by the city’s maritime heritage.
- Trina’s Starlite Lounge: A casual bar in Inman Square that serves up classic cocktails and American comfort food, with live music and karaoke nights.
- The Red Lion Inn: A historic tavern in the Brookline neighborhood that dates back to 1704, offering classic pub fare and a cozy atmosphere.
Whether you’re looking for a speakeasy experience, a brewery visit, or a historic tavern, your bachelor party will find plenty of options to suit its tastes.
7. Rent a Limo
Want to do it big for your bachelor party celebration in Boston? Limo rentals are popular for large groups to go bar and club hopping through the city.
If you are looking for limo rental services in Boston, there are several companies that offer this service. Some popular limo rental companies in Boston include Boston Limo Service, Black Tie Limousine, and ETS International. Be sure to book well in advance to ensure availability and the best rates.
From brewery tours and delicious seafood to exploring the city’s rich history and enjoying the nightlife, there’s something for everyone. With so many great things to do in Boston, your bachelor party is sure to be an unforgettable experience.